By Owen Connelly
Written by way of an skilled writer and specialist within the box, Wars of the French Revolution and Napoleon, 1792-1815 offers a radical second look of the the most important interval within the background of France for college kids of historical past and armed forces studies.
Based on vast learn, and together with twenty distinctive maps, this examine is exclusive in its specialize in the wars of either the French Revolution and Napoleon. Owen Connelly expertly analyzes them either to supply a broader context for warfare.
Examining the explanations of the wars, and the way the practices of struggle in this interval have been to steer mode of wrestle in the course of the 19th and 20th centuries, Connelly additionally establishes developments discernable within the First and moment global Wars and examines key concerns including:
* the influence of the inhabitants explosion on armies and war
* the legacy of the traditional regime influence on innovative armies
* the influence of the Revolution on management, procedure, association and weaponry
* used to be Napoleon’s management variety special, or may well one other have performed his role?
* contributions from the governments of the early Revolution, the phobia, the listing and the Napoleonic regime
* What did twenty-three successive years of struggle accomplish?
* was once this period a turning aspect within the heritage of warfare?