By Michaela Haas,His Holiness the Karmapa
The girls featured in Dakini Power—contemporary academics of Tibetan Buddhism, either Asians and Westerners, who train within the West—have been universally well-known as finished practitioners and remarkable lecturers whose existence tales show their monstrous choice and bravado. assembly them during this publication, readers might be encouraged to allow pass of previous fears, discover new paths, and lead the lives they envision.
Featured right here are:
• Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche (This worthy Life)
• Dagmola Sakya (Princess within the Land of Snows)
• Jetsun Tenzin Palmo (Diane Perry) (Into the guts of Life)
• Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) (When issues Fall Apart; Start the place You Are)
• Khandro Tsering Chödron (most widespread to readers because the past due aunt of Sogyal Rinpoche, writer of The Tibetan publication of residing and Dying)
• Thubten Chodron (Cherry Greene) (Buddhism for Beginners; Taming the Mind)
• Karma Lekshe Tsomo (Patricia Zenn) (Buddhism via American Women’s Eyes)
• Chagdud Khadro (Jane Dedman) (P’howa Commentary; Life relating to Death)
• Sangye Khandro (Nanci homosexual Gustafson) (Meditation, Transformation, and Dream Yoga)
• Roshi Joan Halifax (Being with Dying)
• Lama Tsultrim Allione (Joan Rousmanière Ewing) (Women of knowledge; Feeding Your Demons)
• Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel (The energy of an Open Question)
Read or Download Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the W est PDF
Best buddhism books
The nice Treatise at the levels of the trail to Enlightenment (Tib. Lam rim chen mo) is likely one of the brightest jewels within the world’s treasury of sacred literature. the writer, Tsong-kha-pa, accomplished it in 1402, and it quickly turned the most popular works of non secular perform and philosophy on this planet of Tibetan Buddhism.
Theravada Buddhism presents a entire introductory assessment of the heritage, teachings, and present perform of a frequently misunderstood kind of one of many world’s oldest non secular traditions. Explores Theravada Buddhism’s origins, evolution, teachings, and practices Considers the perform of Theravada past Sri Lanka and Thailand, by means of exploring a wealth of fabric from international locations together with Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Vietnam unearths its wealthy and sundry traditions, and corrects universal misunderstandings approximately hyperlinks to different practices, comparable to early Buddhism or Hinayana Buddhism accommodates student-friendly gains together with a word list and different learn aids
Moine bouddhiste vietnamien de culture zen, inlassable défenseur de los angeles Paix, Thich Nhat Hanh a enseigné à l. a. Sorbonne et à l'université de Columbia. Voici, regroupés en un seul quantity, ses commentaires de deux sutras historiques du Bouddha. Le most suitable concerne les thoughts de breathing consciente qui permettent de métamorphoser notre rythme de vie et d'apaiser notre corps tout entier.
Buddhism, usually defined as an austere faith that condemns hope, promotes denial, and idealizes the contemplative lifestyles, really has a thriving rest tradition in Asia. inventive non secular improvisations designed via Buddhists were produced either inside of and outdoors of monasteries around the region—in Nepal, Japan, Korea, Macau, Hong Kong, Singapore, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- The Great Kagyu Masters: The Golden Lineage Treasury
- Buddhism in America: Global Religion, Local Contexts
- The Life or Legend of Gaudama the Buddha of the Burmese: Volume II: Volume 49 (Trubner's Oriental Series)
- Dzogchen Essentials: The Path That Clarifies Confusion
- The Spread of Tibetan Buddhism in China: Charisma, Money, Enlightenment (Routledge Critical Studies in Buddhism)
Extra resources for Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the W est
Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the W est by Michaela Haas,His Holiness the Karmapa