By Ivan Osorio,Hitten P. Zaveri,Mark G. Frei,Susan Arthurs
Epilepsy, some of the most widespread neurological issues, impacts nearly 1% (greater than 60 million) of the world's inhabitants. In an predicted 20 million of those sufferers, seizures aren't managed even via a number of anti-seizure medicinal drugs, and are super tough to foretell. Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, arithmetic, Engineering, and Physics seamlessly brings jointly the neurosciences, arithmetic, computational sciences, engineering, physics, and scientific epileptology to give to readers a hugely didactic, built-in, transparent and virtually invaluable wisdom base and learn instructions.
Laying out the principles of sign research, information conditioning, linear and non-linear research, advent to dynamical platforms and basic anatomical and neurophysiological techniques, this ebook:
- Introduces non-physicians to language and ideas essential to identify a significant conversation with epileptologists
- Introduces physicians to dynamical concept and sign processing with no which interdisciplinary collaborations wouldn't be effective
- Mines wisdom from fields dedicated to the research of aperiodic paroxysmal leisure phenomena, resembling earthquakes, which undergo dynamical similarities with epilepsy, so one can lay the correct medical foundations for epileptology and foster a lot wanted healing advances efficiently
- Reviews spatiotemporal habit of seizures, mechanisms of epileptogenesis and ictogenesis in addition to of seizure keep an eye on and ancillary know-how
- Calls cognizance to nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy as a in all probability fruitful paradigm for advancing seizure prediction.
Of all neurological issues, epilepsy calls for of investigators the broadest and inner most wisdom of dynamical, keep an eye on, and process theories, wisdom that can not be gathered with out owning a definite point of class in proper parts of neurosciences, physics, arithmetic, and engineering. Narrowing the inescapable cultural chasm that ordinarily fragments multidisciplinary efforts, this e-book captures and enriches the burgeoning interdisciplinary synergism within the nascent box of dynamical epileptology.
Read or Download Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering, and Physics PDF
Best general biology books
Epilepsy, some of the most general neurological problems, impacts nearly 1% (greater than 60 million) of the world's inhabitants. In an envisioned 20 million of those sufferers, seizures will not be managed even by way of a number of anti-seizure medicinal drugs, and are tremendous tricky to foretell. Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, arithmetic, Engineering, and Physics seamlessly brings jointly the neurosciences, arithmetic, computational sciences, engineering, physics, and scientific epileptology to offer to readers a hugely didactic, built-in, transparent and virtually necessary wisdom base and examine instructions.
Because the lively interface of the main biologically intimate connection among dwelling organisms, a mom and her fetus, the placenta is essential to human evolution and survival. Michael L. energy and Jay Schulkin discover the greater than a hundred million years of evolution that resulted in the human placenta and, in so doing, they assist resolve the mysteries of life's first moments.
The Fractal version of lifestyles takes a glance at biology from a very assorted viewpoint. It describes complicated existence varieties as equation-like constructions, the place it appears diverse elements are diverse expressions of a primary precept. to demonstrate this concept a catalog of analogous configurations within the human physique is laid out besides the explanations that resulted in those analogies in a language that's specified but additionally obtainable.
Warum gibt es keine Mammuts mehr? Wen jagte der Tyrannosaurus rex? Und battle der Neandertaler wirklich eine Sackgasse der Evolution? Um diese Fragen zu beantworten, müsste guy eigentlich zurück in die Urzeit reisen können. Doch den Paläontologen gelingt es heute dank modernster Methoden auch ohne Zeitmaschine, aus fossilen Knochen, Pflanzenrelikten, aber auch Resten urzeitlicher DNA faszinierende Einblicke in die Tier- und Pflanzenwelt vergangener Epochen zu gewinnen.
- Phloem: Molecular Cell Biology, Systemic Communication, Biotic Interactions
- Lab Manual for Inquiry into Life
- Improving Diets and Nutrition: Food-based Approaches
- Sex Chromosomes
- The Influences of Grazers in Biodiversity of Insects (UNICUM.de – Die Wissensreihe)
- Creationism's Trojan Horse: The Wedge of Intelligent Design
Additional resources for Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering, and Physics
Epilepsy: The Intersection of Neurosciences, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering, and Physics by Ivan Osorio,Hitten P. Zaveri,Mark G. Frei,Susan Arthurs